When I was young, I was terribly ashamed of my middle name. I'm not exactly sure why now that I think back on it. In fact, I think it's a charming middle name, but back in the day, my views were quite different. My mom wrote my full name on my school folder in first grade. Every day when we were supposed to take homework (or whatever) out of our folders, I would open and close it as fast as possible so no one would be able to see my name.
One day, during a test, I was using my folder as a barricade between desks (no I wasn't crazy... we all did it) when my teacher walked up behind me and asked me about my middle name. She was very nice. I remember her smiling as she asked it, but I guarantee, she wasn't smiling when I was through with her. I practically shouted at her. I glared at her for the rest of the week.
None of my friends knew my middle name until eighth grade, I think. Even Joy, who was my best friend from the day we were born, didn't learn my middle name until last year, as far as I remember. Brook, Hayley, Halee, Joy, Allison, Michelle, Emily, Cortnee, Lorraine, Isabella... none of them learned my middle name until high school. I don't think Dustin even knew my middle name. Oh, to be young and ashamed!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Something you may not know about me...
Posted by Rendezvous at 9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment