CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dear Bluebird,

How are you, my dear friend? Did you get my last letter? I've been trying to work up the nerve to write to you for months now. I hope it made you smile; I would like that very much.

Things here are extremely platitudinous; nothing much has changed since we last spoke. Things still aren't great with my best friend, but we're working on it and I see hope for the future of our friendship. You met Alex, didn't you? Yes, now that I think about it, you most definitely knew her, although I don't know that she remembers you. Anyway, I think perhaps I will finally be able to confide in her again, at least a bit. I haven't told her anything that has happened in the near past, mostly because I was afraid she wouldn't care. That's why I'm so glad that I finally wrote to you. I am convinced I would have burst if I didn't tell someone. Thank you for listening, by the way.

My garden is coming along, if you consider dead plants intermixed with thriving ones to be marvelous. I am proud of their effort at life... it makes me happy to see the good plants growing. How does your garden grow? Well I hope. I can imagine that it is beautiful; you probably don't think so. Gardening is more your parents' thing, huh? Well, regardless, I hope it is doing well.

Has the weather finally decided to warm up? Things here are warm a-plenty. It's actually rather hot here. I'm almost afraid to sell fireworks because the extreme heat could ignite any sulfur or magnesium, which is a very real possibility. Did you know things light on fire because of the heat and energy produced by a flame, not because of the flame itself? I didn't know that, so I thought I'd tell you. Oh, the things you learn in chemistry!

Did I tell you about music production class? I'm fairly sure I did. If I didn't let me know, because you would love to hear about it, I'm sure.

Well I can't write much more right now, so I'll talk to you again soon.

Maren

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear "Mockingbird,"
I did indeed get your letter. I enjoyed it very much. I can't write much here, but I'll send you a letter too. I'm glad things are better with Alex. I was worried for a bit there. Yes it is warmer and, yes, my garden is growing well. I like the Secret Garden allusion in there. :] I am actually growing rather fond of gardening. Well I can't write any more, but I will write you a letter soon. I hope all is well. Give your family my love,

the one you call "Bluebird" :}