So, as my chosen career other than being a villainous hobo with Alex is probably a sociopolitical radicalist. Thus my wild desire to do the BSer. Anyway, I've been thinking and this is what I've come up with.
So I was reading dialogues of Plato the other day. He was writing about one of Socrates' court appearances. Socrates was using extremely eloquent rhetoric to tell about wisdom and democracy and such. It got me thinking about democracy. (now I can't wait to get to Plato's "Republic"). Anyway, these are my theories and probably thusly completely wrong, but here we go. DEMOCRACY. Demi- :partial. -Cracy :an established form of governing or ruling. Democracy: partial ruling. Yet we find so often that the govm't is totally in control. We pay them vast amounts of money to help manage our money. We pay them money to make laws to protect our money. We pay them to (more often than not) waste their time thinking up legislation that will earn them more money. These are serious times, and we need serious people. In a time of worldwide economic recession, we need frugal and wise leaders. We need to decrease the rift between classes, not widen the gap of harmony. We need "gung ho" among the classes, not "gun down those hos." (if ya know what I mean). We need to save the humans.
This is why I propose that, at least for the time being, we dissolve the house of congress as it stands today. I am not suggesting a complete dissolve. Rather, a modified house that suits our needs in our day. The current house of senate and house of reps was established over 100 years ago because Virginia and Rhode Island (i think it was Rhode Island) couldn't agree on a way to represent their people in law making based on size and population of state. Remember, this was when blacks were slaves and only counted as 1/3 of a person. #1, that's basically saying that our current congress is based on a fight over whether blacks are humans or not and #2, with the expansion of the united states, the fight over population and size is now invalid to an extent. I don't have a solution yet (I haven't had enough time to think of one) but when I think of a valid and sensible way to solve this issue, I'm going full force.
THE HOUSE MUST DISSOLVE!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The House Must Dissolve
Posted by Rendezvous at 5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I would like to make a correction. I've just remembered, it was New Jersey vs. Virginia, not Rhode Island vs. Virginia. My apologies for the confusion.
Post a Comment