There's so much I need to say right now, but I have no one to say it to. I don't know if my best friend knows this, but I gave up quite a bit to be her friend. In years past, I have had a fair amount of friends, both in my year and the year above it. Last year, I met an amazing person who happened to be in the year under me. We started hanging out. I got a lot of crap for hanging out with a freshman, but it was worth it. I lost quite a few friends over her, but it was worth it. I stopped hanging out with all my other friends to hang out with her, but it was worth it. By the end of the year, I could only claim about ten of my old friends and even they were extremely distant from me.
Now this year, I never see or talk to my best friend, and when I try to tell her things, she brushes it off like it's nothing. When I try to hang with her at band she usually walks away to hang out with her other friends. It doesn't help that the guy she likes is in Band. I don't care if she has other friends (of course I'm happy that she has other friends). But this year has already been so lonely. The only person I can talk to is someone I don't really want to talk to about this stuff. All my other old friends are still wary of me, so they don't talk to me often. Even when I do get to talk to her, things aren't the same. It feels awkward, like we don't even know each other any more.
I know she doesn't even realize how much this is hurting me. I don't blame her for this. I just really need a friend right now. I wish things would go back to the way they were last year.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Well, I guess I'll be honest, because silence isn't helping anyone.
Posted by Rendezvous at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
REad my latest post. Maren I'm an idiot. I am sooo sorry.
Bay, I read this and cried for about two hours. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize all you've done for me. I wish I could go back in time and make everything back to where it was. I would like to say that everything can, but I don't see you enough right now to make everything normal. We'll get there though. I'll see you almost everyday during softball season. And... Mormon Youth Symphony. Some other places I'm sure. Plus this weekend I'm booked, an apointment with a Maren Bayles? I don't know, she still has to see if she can pencil me in.: )
Post a Comment